THE EASIEST WAY TO MANAGE YOUR BOOKS AND TAXES
Maybe you really haven't been tracking your income and expenses very well and really only think about it at tax time, however you are doing yourself and your business a disservice. Although you think that it is initially cheaper to not formally track your record keeping you are opening yourself up to more potential expense and headache. Here are some very important and relevant reasons why record keeping is so important.
I support Quickbooks Online. I provide setup to automatically import your bank and/or credit card transactions and eliminate the need for most of the data entry. I will review your records, to assist with categorizing and reconciling your transactions. I can help determine how much support you really need to tell you what the cost would be for my services. Certainly those fees could vary depending on the level of service you require. I can also provide web based payroll services if you have employees.
WHY SHOULD I KEEP RECORDS?
Everyone in business must keep records. Keeping good records is very important to your business. Good records will help you do the following:
• Monitor the progress of your business
• Prepare your financial statements
• Identify sources of your income
• Keep track of your deductible expenses
• Keep track of your basis in property
• Prepare your tax returns
• Support items reported on your tax returns
For my full-service package clients I am involved with every business transaction through your ongoing bookkeeping service, I see MANY areas where small businesses can save money.
- I can catch a lot more tax deductible expenses (up to 50% more)
- I may recommend setting up an employee reimbursement plan to save on payroll taxes
- I may recommend converting a DBA or LLC to an S-corp with the owner on the payroll to avoid self-employment taxes
- I can recommend the best salary for the business owner to maximize tax deductions
- I setup depreciation correctly, including full depreciated deductions the first year
- I provide tax planning advice throughout the year, not just at the end of the year
- I can help separate personal and business finances to decrease liability
For my clients that choose the full-service package we’re in a unique position to identify where you can save money and how to maximize your deductions. As a CPA I am committed to offering proactive accounting advice based on my work, rather than waiting for you to ask the right questions.