Grow Your Small Business
Have you heard the joke about the interesting accountant? No. Me neither.
What is a virtual CFO?
The Virtual CFO is a new concept. It's a way for small businesses to get CFO support that they wouldn't have been able to afford previously.
Small businesses that hire a Virtual CFO get access to an experienced financial professional at a fraction of the cost of a full-time CFO.
Advantages for small businesses
Having access to a Virtual CFO can be a big benefit for a small business. Most small businesses can't afford an experienced, knowledgeable CFO on a full-time basis and may never consider hiring one.
That's a problem because many small businesses fail within the first three years. Reasons include failure to set themselves apart from the competition, and an inability to find a profitable business model. With an accounting professional acting as their Virtual CFO, they could keep their financial goals and realities clearly in sight.
A Virtual CFO is an affordable alternative to hiring a full-time CFO and can make a big difference to a small business, by:
- Creating budgets and forecasts.
- Pinpointing problem spending by highlighting trends in the market.
- Validating or discouraging business decisions with financial well-being in mind.
These are abilities that the vast majority of business owners don't possess – but they often need them in order to succeed.
In Denver, a Full Charge Bookkeeper can make $49,856 in annual salary, that does not include benefits or payroll taxes so add at least another 20% for that. Many Small Business Owners do not need a full-charge full-time bookkeeper on staff. Many SMB's who hire a full-charge bookkeeper on staff usually end up having them do lower-level administrative functions for the business. If you need an administrative assistant hire one, and outsource your financial concerns to a qualified CPA professional.
Think of me as your own accounting department. I pretty much do it all:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank Reconciliation
- Financial Reports
WHO: Recommended for businesses with high vendor payment frequency and regular customer billings, wishing to outsource these tasks instead of hiring staff.
Premium Level – Starting at $850 Monthly.
Based on QuickBooks Online Plus (paid by client)
- Weekly Bookkeeping
- Customer invoicing assistance.
- Recurring customer invoicing assistance.
- Bill and Bill Payment Assistance.
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Monthly Credit Card Reconciliations.
- Assistance on how to handle Job Costing and Classes.
- Monthly Financial Reports and Customized Reports for analysis.
- Accounting Adjustments, Reclassifications and Monthly closing of Books.
- Quarterly Revision of Financial Statements with Owners and Managers
Your CFO Level – Starting at $1150 Monthly. (Part-time CFO)
- Based on Online Plus (paid by client)
- Everything on Premium Level plus:
- Create and send 1099/1096 to Independent contractors and IRS.
- Accounts Receivables Analysis. (Only when invoiced through QuickBooks)
- Accounts Payable Analysis. (Only when using the bill feature in QuickBooks).
- Detailed Expenses and Cost of Goods Sold analysis on a monthly basis.
- Unlimited Support for owners/Staff.
- Monthly Revision with company owners.
Optional/ Additional Services:
- Full-service payroll add $100 per month + $6 per person