IRS and State Problem Resolution

IRS and State Problem Resolution

I do everything the firms that advertise on TV and Radio can do at a better value. The difference with me is that you can meet with me in person to discuss your case face to face. You'll deal directly with me, not an assistant. I fix errors you, the IRS, or others may have made when preparing or auditing your return. 

Are Back Taxes an Issue for You?

If you have not filed prior years’ tax returns, I can help get your taxes up-to-date. I can also help arrange a tax payment schedule with the IRS, if needed.

I Can Help You with Back Taxes & Missing Returns

  • Do you live in fear of the IRS?
  • Do you have unfiled tax returns?
  • Are you a taxpayer who owes back taxes?
  • Are you a business owner who missed depositing employer payroll taxes?

Tax problems can happen to anyone —and they do!   In fact, are you aware that 1 in 6 Americans are in some sort of trouble with the IRS? With the addition of the new Obamacare fines, as the IRS is now tasked to monitor our healthcare and levy fines against Americans found not in compliance, that number will surely grow.

If you are experiencing tax problems.

Many tax problems are often caused by missing, never completed, or incomplete financial record keeping. Whether an individual or a business, I can get your financial records in order, complete required tax returns, schedules and whatever is needed to get a “big picture” view of where you are and brainstorm a path out of the swamp you find yourself in. Many IRS issues need only a tax expert to prepare an amended return that properly claims all allowable deductions. In this case, I charge my normal tax preparation rates. My tax preparation rates are based on the complexity of the return.

A common IRS issue is when a person is self-employed and they fail to file a tax return. The IRS files one on your behalf that only reports the income received and taxes that reported income. Even if the customer lost money the IRS will send a notice of deficiency. Typically in these cases only an original or amended return needs to be filed claiming the deductions that will reduce or eliminate the tax debt. That is how the Tax Resolution ads can claim they reduced the tax bill by thousands. A word of caution, many of the Tax Resolution Services will get you to sign a contract usually for several thousand dollars with no guarantees.


  • Investigation of tax history, obtaining IRS transcripts, detailed client memo).
  • Prepare returns, advise on bookkeeping / deductibility issues.
  • Collection representation (state and federal) - avoidance of liens / seizures to the greatest extent possible.
  • Penalty abatement filings.
  • Higher rates for net operating loss issues / complex cases.  Fees are a-la-carte and client is free to select some but not all services.

Need help dealing with the IRS or the state? I can help!

  • Offer-In-Compromise
  • IRS Representation
  • IRS Levy & Seizure Prevention
  • Income Tax Installment Agreement
  • Guaranteed Installment Agreement
  • Payroll Tax Settlement
  • Sales Tax Liability Assistance
  • IRS Lien Release
  • IRS Penalty Abatement
  • Back Tax Return Preparation
  • Amended Tax Return Preparation
  • Wage Garnishment

Looking to buy a home, start a new business, or finance an education, getting a tax transcript is a fairly pain-free process. The IRS’s online Get Transcript tool reopened in June 2016 and will only require an email address, a mobile phone capable of receiving text messages, and specific financial information.

If you don't have reliable, secure access to the Internet, a transcript can be requested by phone or mail.
Regardless of the chosen method, a transcript will not cost any money and can often provide tax information for the past three tax years. However, an actual copy of a previous tax return will cost $50 and will require a completed Form 4506.

The IRS provides several online resources, like YouTube videosPodcasts, and written instructionsfor securing a transcript of copy of a tax return.