Call First for Appointment?
Electronic Filing Offered?
Remote/Online Service Available?
Yes, strongly encouraged.
Required documents to keep on file:
- Copies of Drivers License or State IDs
- Social Security Cards
- Proof of Residence for dependents claiming EIC
- Proof of jury duty pay
- Proof of alimony you received
- Social Security statement (1099-SSA)
- Dividend and interest statements (1099-DIV and 1099-INT)
- Retirement distributions (1099-R)
- Brokerage statements (1099-B), along with statements showing when you bought and sold your investments.
- K-1 statements reporting profits from partnerships, trusts, and small businesses
- Record of income and expenses for your rental property
- Record of income and expenses for your self-employment
(Use our handy IRS document search tool for your documents)
Other tax documents:
- HUD-1 Escrow statement for property you bought or sold
- Summary of moving expenses
- Summary of educational expenses (college tuition)
- Summary of your child care, daycare, or adult day care expenses
- IRA contributions (traditional, SEP, or rollovers)
- Student loan interest paid (1098-E)
Tax deduction documents:
- Health care expenses (doctors, dentists, health insurance, eye care, medicine)
- Real estate taxes
- Motor vehicle registration
- Mortgage interest paid (1098)
- Gifts to charity
- Last year’s tax preparation fees
- Job-related expenses (union dues, job education, uniforms
- Loss of property due to casualty or theft
- Gambling losses
How can I check on my tax refunds?