Gary L Hulett CPA Knows Real Estate Accounting, Payroll & Taxes
There’s a lot at stake when you’re in business for yourself. Delegation is key to getting things done and getting them done right, so having a CPA take care of your accounting, taxes, and payroll is an obvious move. Plus, it gives you time to focus on what makes your agency work – helping more clients. It’s a win-win for everyone.
I’ve got you covered when it comes to the ins and outs of estimated taxes, self-employment taxes, and hiring and paying staff. I can also tell you how the IRS views you if you’re partner with another real estate agent or bring other agents, brokers, and employees in as you grow your business.
I want to make sure you’re maximizing your deductions – it’s not just your office furniture, yard signs, and real estate agent licensing fees.
I can tell you the fine print on tracking mileage and separating personal and business use for items like your car and cell phone – let’s get every penny back that I can on your next tax return.
I’m a real accountant. Not a software program. I'm easy to work with.
5 Ways Gary L Hulett CPA Helps Realtors, Brokers & House Flippers
1. I’ll save you time. With today’s technology and the internet, it’s possible that anyone can do almost anything themselves. But that doesn’t mean everyone’s work is equal. You’re an expert when it comes to real estate and people trust you to save them time and provide them quality options for their next home. I’m an expert when it comes to taxes, virtual bookkeeping, and accounting and that means I can save you valuable time.
2. I’ll make sure you get all the deductions you’re entitled to. Office supplies, coffee or drinks with potential clients, and showing homes to clients takes time and money. I want to make sure you get your full deductions. Let’s talk about tracking mileage and expensing meals, and other expenses.
3. You’ve got a consultant in your corner. You sell real estate, but may you also own quite a few rental properties and often get questions from clients who are looking to purchase rental properties. I can help you with the details of advance rent, security deposits, and keeping records of your expenses so you’re reporting your annual income correctly and get all the deductions you’re entitled to.
4. I provide you with a certified expert. Like I said before, just because you can find it on the internet, doesn’t mean that anyone can do it and do it well. If your head starts to spin when you hear terms like self-employment tax, employee wages, estimated taxes, and deductible expenses – I can give you a hand. I’ll answer any questions you may have and take care of it for you, so you can focus on your real estate business.
5. I’ll sort out business and personal use when it comes to finances and deductions. You probably use your own car to show homes to clients and take calls on your cell phone for work. These items, along with your office furniture, computer, yard signs, and real estate website are all business expenses when it comes to filing annual taxes. For items like your cell and car, I’ll help establish personal and business use for your annual deductions. And I’ll make sure you’re getting every penny back you can on the rest of your business expenses.