IRS Tax Problem Resolution

Initial Case Interview - 100% Free

During your first interview with me, I want to make sure that your experience with me will be one that is most comfortable and as informative as possible. I understand that not all cases would require the attention of a license tax professional, so I ask the right questions to determine if hiring a tax professional would be necessary or beneficial to you.

This is my process for resolving your tax issue.

Consultation and a tax compliance check.

Tax Liability Investigation, Analysis, and Consultation.

IRS or State Engagement and Resolution Process.

STEP 1 – Tax Liability Investigation, Analysis, and Consultation | IRS Federal Tax Compliance Check Starting at $975

A compliance verification check allows me to verify and identify all tax issues on a taxpayers' master tax file. In order to execute a compliance check with the IRS, I must first obtain a signed authorization form 8821 from the taxpayer.

If you have a tax liability to the IRS have not filed all of the tax returns that were due from them in past years. Your actual liability to the IRS cannot be determined until all tax returns that were due in past years have been correctly prepared and filed. We cannot complete "Phase One" investigation and analysis until all past due tax returns have been filed.

What information can be obtained during the compliance call with the IRS?

Conducting an IRS compliance check, I am provided all information that has pending tax liability issues, such as balances due, underreporting issues, examination under review, bankruptcy or OIC pending and collection status and Collection Expiration Date or CSED etc...

Other identifiable issues such as unfiled tax years, substitute for return balances, tax years with filing requirements.

Once a compliance check has been completed, generally, transcripts are ordered pertaining information relevant to the issue tax years.

It is important that you understand, during your initial interview stage, I ask that you provide me with the most accurate and honest information regarding your current situation. This will enable me to determine whether or not your situation requires you to hire a tax professional.

I understand that owing money to any government agency can be nerve-wracking and stressful but you shouldn't need to worry, by taking a proactive approach to your tax problem, you can rest assured that I will work hard and diligently to find the appropriate resolution plan that could help resolve your tax issues. So before you decide to hire me, let's have a conversation where you can explain to me exactly how this tax problem was created.

STEP 2 – IRS Engagement and Resolution Process Starting at $650

Phase Two – IRS Engagement and Resolution Process can take various forms. Which form of resolution is appropriately sought usually depends upon your eligibility for the particular resolution under federal tax law and IRS guidelines based upon your current financial circumstances.

For some clients, I will be seeking to negotiate one of a number of kinds of Installment Agreements. For others, I will be seeking an IRS determination of temporary Currently Not Collectible status. For a small percentage of clients, it is appropriate to make an Offer in Compromise, seeking to settle for less than the amount that is owed. Some clients will appropriately seek Innocent Spouse Relief. Some will seek relief from levy on bank accounts or wages.

Help with IRS Tax Problems

You don't need to have at least $10,000 in tax debt or pay several thousand dollars down as required by some national tax chains. If you have to file additional returns, I do so at my normal low prices. I can help you set up payment plans or file for an Offer in Compromise if appropriate.

If you’ve received a tax notice, IRS letter, audit notice, or other tax correspondence from the IRS, a state agency, or a local agency, it can be difficult to know what to do next. I frequently represent clients with IRS penalties, interest, and taxes due, and I can help you, too. I have worked on items such as IRS Offers in Compromise, Liens and Levies, installment agreements and Penalty Abatements.

Many IRS issues need only a tax expert to prepare an amended return that properly claims all allowable deductions. In this case, I charge my normal tax preparation rates. My tax preparation rates are based on the complexity of the return.

A common IRS issue is when a person is self-employed and they fail to file a tax return. The IRS files one on your behalf that only reports the income received and taxes that reported income. Even if the customer lost money the IRS will send a notice of deficiency. Typically in these cases only an original or amended return needs to be filed claiming the deductions that will reduce or eliminate the tax debt. That is how the Tax Resolution ads can claim they reduced the tax bill by thousands. Many of the Tax Resolution Services will get you to sign a contract usually for several thousand dollars with no guarantees.

Please be cautious in this area: there are many unscrupulous companies on the internet that advertise tax representation services. I also discourage you from representing yourself, since trained professionals who know the ropes and the red tape can often get a better outcome for their clients.

If you are ready to get caught up on your unpaid taxes, I'm here for you. I can help you relieve that huge psychological burden so you feel lighter and free from all that stress.

Complimentary Consultation

As a trained and certified tax professional, I will work diligently to find the best outcome we can on your tax issues. Please feel free to call or email me at no obligation to confidentially discuss your tax problem and how I can help.

I take great pride in my program because I feel I provide high-quality services in a fair and honest manner and at a very reasonable cost. My largest success to date was reducing an almost $250,000 tax assessment to $0 additional tax due. Your tax assessment may not be this large, or it may be larger. The important facts are don't panic and call me a Graduate School Trained CPA IRS practitioner. I know the IRS tax process and will do everything within the tax code to ensure you don't pay a penny more than legally required.

I want to give my clients a realistic assessment of what resolutions are available in their particular situations.

  • Representing you before the IRS.
  • Preparing prior year tax returns, all years and all states.
  • IRS Audit Help.
  • Help with IRS collection problems, such as Installment Agreements and Offer in Compromise.
  • Request Abatement of Penalties.
  • Answer IRS letters on your behalf.
  • File amended tax returns.
  • Injured Spouse; Innocent Spouse.

Unlike the late-night tax resolution advertisers, my tax resolution services are not based in the blanket treatment of your problem, but in specific custom diagnosis.

Tax Return Preparation

In order to reach an agreement with the IRS or State, you must be in compliance.  By definition, this includes having all prior year tax returns filed.  In addition to resolving tax matters, I provide tax and accounting services. 

It is important to note that simply preparing your tax returns can significantly lower your tax liability and improve your standing with the taxing agencies.  In some cases, preparing returns can remove your liability completely.

Below is a list of just some of the types of tax returns that I can prepare:

  • Individual income tax returns
  • Corporation income tax returns
  • S-Corporation income tax returns
  • Federal payroll tax returns
  • State payroll tax returns
  • State sales tax returns

The IRS adds a 25% penalty to your liability for each tax return filed more than 5 months past the due date.  Let me get you back on track.